Monday, April 28, 2008

time to face the real world

After a meal of barbecued chicken, steamed vegetables, and roasted potatoes I think I can say I am safely home. I joined my family on Friday night at the Winnipeg airport to enjoy a weekend of family, friends, and great food. Many people have asked what I missed the most and it would have to be (after people of course) food. I have noticed North American's obsession with oversized vehicles but I have appreciated my few days behind the wheel as well.

I was expecting it to be much warmer but I had to laugh when I woke up the first morning to snow falling. The novelty has worn off though and I'm ready for the sun again. Besides dealing with the cold weather I am busy catching my breath and visiting different friends. In a few days I will force myself to face the real world and find a job. That will be my first big task to overcome back here in Manitoba. An idea that does anything but thrill me. After summer I'll be back at the University of Manitoba to pursue my real teaching degree, Isaac and Eroni were just my little guinea pigs.

Thanks again to everyone for joining me for the last 6 months. I'd love to see people now that I'm home, you can drop me an email vhthiessen@gmail.com.

Lots of love from Carlowrie (mom and dad's),
Vanessa

Amchu aafe! (go well)

No comments: