Monday, April 7, 2008

9 days and counting

The next time I write to you it may be from Chad or could very well be from France, Holland, or our very own Land of the Maple Leaf and Hockey Puck depending on my procrastination skills in the next week or two (No, I'm not sure why Hockey Puck deserves capitalization except that I thought it deserved distinction). I leave Chad in 9 days now. We've started our last week of school with Friday being the last day. Poor boys won't know what to do without their no fuss teacher. They've recently heard me sing the endearing song, "Do Everything Without Complaining" on a regular basis. Isaac seems to enjoy singing it to his little brother now who is definitely less amused.

This past week was rather eventless with little to report. Although it did rain last week, in some parts of town. We were out on the Eastern side of the city when the rain came down hard, well sort of hard, for about 5-15 minutes. How refreshing! It turns out we were some of few who experienced it. The next morning the whole city received some drizzle though, enough to keep the dust down for a few minutes. Apparently they call these the mango rains. The very unexpected sprinkles that taunt the population at this time of year which happens to be mango season. Yeah, I eat one or two mangos a day. Mmmmm!

I also had a visit from dear friends of mine this week, the parasites. They just can't get enough of me! I'm never sure whether it's Giardia or some Amoebas but we treat them just the same. Turns out my Invertebrate Zoology class is now taking place in my stomach. In university they always made it sound like you would die if you got a parasite. I'm happy to report they're not quite that bad they just very much make their presence known in your stomach.

Well, that's enough about bugs. I'm sure you're all thoroughly disgusted now so I should let you go. For my university friends I'm thinking of you as you write exams, can't say I wish I were you. For those of you who can no longer remember your university days have a great week and enjoy the warmer weather. God bless!

No comments: